What to do in Bend and at Tetherow for Spring Break
Spring is outdoor season
What to do at Tetherow in Spring?
- The outdoor heated pool is open year-round and is ready for as many cannonballs as you can do! Two hot tubs (one family-friendly, one adults-only) offer pure relaxation after a day of fun.
- Bring your bike (or rent one at Sagebrush Cycles) and traverse the country’s top mountain bike trails (check out AllTrails.com and Bend Park & Recreation’s trail network); they run through the resort! You can also take a leisurely ride on the 3 mile paved trail around the property.
- Bluebird days of spring skiing and snowboarding await you at Mt. Bachelor. It’s just 20 mins up the road and Tetherow guests can utilize our hassle-free shuttle.
- Adjacent to the hotel and the vacation rental homes, Tetherow’s pocket park is a quick and close way for the littles to expend their energy just steps from your front door.
- The golf season begins on March 24 (weather dependent) and lodging guests enjoy discounted rates on the course. We have 30+ Finn Scooters available to rent in 2024 and they provide a fantastic new way to experience the game.
Sunny days are ahead
What to do in Bend this spring
Spring weather can lend itself to hikes along the river, kayaking through downtown Bend (rentals available here), Friday art and wine walks, or evenings at breweries with live music and corn hole games.
Additional family and kid-friendly options in Bend include two trampoline parks, ninja courses, the High Desert Museum, and visiting the Lava Lands or Tumalo Falls (see below for more outdoor resources).
Remember, Tetherow offers a complimentary shuttle to downtown and the Old Mill District to lodging guests (based on availability).
- All of April: Spring festivals and skiing/snowboarding at Hoodoo Ski Resort and Mt. Bachelor
- All of April: Plays, concerts and performances at Bend’s historic Tower Theater.
- All of April: Special events and exhibits at Bend’s High Desert Museum
- 4/14/24 Bend Marathon, Half, 10k and 5 k
- 4/20/24 Bend’s Salmon Run Race 5k, 10k and half marathon
Be out & about in just minutes
Trails & cool sights near Tetherow
Tetherow is lucky to border the Deschutes National Forest which provides hundreds of miles of trails and over a million acres for outdoor adventures.
Nearby Central Oregon trails and areas are listed below. Please adhere to all rules, parking guidelines, signage, safety protocols and know your ability! Note that dogs may need to be leashed in certain areas.
Deschutes National Forest (borders Tetherow)
Tumalo Falls (10 mins away)
Deschutes River Trails (10 mins away)
Lava Lands (25 mins away)
Smith Rock (40 mins away)
Mckenzie Scenic Pass (40 mins away)
Crater Lake National Park (2 hrs away)
Crack in the Ground (2 hrs away)
Some areas are specifically geared toward foot traffic or bikes. Please visit each website to view trails, rules, fees, maps and allowed activities.