What to do in Bend and at Tetherow this summer
Summer is one of our four favorite seasons
What to do at Tetherow this summer?
- The outdoor heated pool is open year-round and is ready for as many cannonballs as you can do! Two hot tubs (one family-friendly, one adults-only) offer pure relaxation after a day of fun.
- Rent a cabana for a special poolside day with shade, privacy, treats and relaxation. 2022 Cabana packages coming soon!
- Bring your bike (or rent one at Sagebrush Cycles) and traverse the country’s top mountain bike trails (check out AllTrails.com and Bend Park & Recreation’s trail network); they run through the resort! You can also take a leisurely ride on the 3 mile paved trail around the property.
- Adjacent to the hotel and the vacation rental homes, Tetherow’s pocket park is a quick and close way for the littles to expend their energy just steps from your front door.
- The golf season is in full swing and lodging guests enjoy discounted rates on the course. We have 30 Finn Scooters available to rent in 2022 and they provide a fantastic new way to experience the game.
- Bend’s longest slip ‘n slide is available on the golf range on the hottest days of summer. Bring your swimsuit and sense of adventure!
Summer Events in Bend that don’t require outdoor gear or hiking boots.
What to do in Bend this summer
Not all of us need adventure 24-7. These fun events don’t require hiking boots (although sun screen and bottled water are still recommended!)
- Bend BrewFest
May 13 & 14 at the Hayden Homes Amphitheater Learn more.
- Central Oregon Symphony Concert Series
May 22 in Bend. Learn more.
- Bend Summer Festival
July 9 & 10 in downtown Bend. Learn more.
- In a Landscape: Classical Music in the Wild
July 20 at Tetherow. Learn more.
- Balloons Over Bend
July 22-24, locations vary. Learn more.
- Theater in the Park: Monty Python’s SPAMALOT
Aug 26 & 27 in Drake Park. Learn more.
Remember, Tetherow offers a complimentary shuttle to downtown and the Old Mill District to lodging guests (based on availability). Call front desk at 541-213-2405 to book yours.
Be out & about in just minutes
Trails & wilderness near Tetherow
Tetherow is lucky to border the Deschutes National Forest which provides hundreds of miles of trails and over a million acres for outdoor adventures.
Nearby Central Oregon trails and areas are listed below. Please adhere to all rules, parking guidelines, signage, safety protocols and know your ability! Note that dogs may need to be leashed in certain areas.
Deschutes National Forest (borders Tetherow)
Tumalo Falls (10 mins away)
Deschutes River Trails (10 mins away)
Lava Lands (25 mins away)
Smith Rock (40 mins away)
Mckenzie Scenic Pass (40 mins away)
Crater Lake National Park (2 hrs away)
Crack in the Ground (2 hrs away)
Some areas are specifically geared toward foot traffic or bikes. Please visit each website to view trails, rules, fees, maps and allowed activities.