What to do in Bend and at Tetherow this fall
Fall is one of our four favorite seasons
What to do this fall at Tetherow
- Fall Golf Gorgeous colors, cooler days and lower rates make 18 holes at Tetherow even better. View special rates for hotel guests here.
- Participate in the Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Tournament at Tetherow on Tues, Oct 4. Learn more here
- The outdoor heated pool and two hot tubs are open year-round and offer pure relaxation after a day of fun.
- Bring your bike (or rent one at Sagebrush Cycles) and traverse the country’s top mountain bike trails (check out AllTrails.com and Bend Park & Recreation’s trail network); they run through the resort! You can also take a leisurely ride on the 3 mile paved trail around the property.
Fall events around Central Oregon
- Bend Fall Festival & Oktoberfest • Sept 30 – Oct 2 • Downtown Bend (complimentary shuttles for Tetherow lodging guests).
- Oktoberfest Cooking Class • Oct 12 • 6 – 8 pm • Kara’s Kitchenware in the Old Mill District
- Fall Fly Fishing Whether it’s trout or steelhead, October is one of the best months to enjoy a float and fish on the Deschutes River. Learn more with Fly & Field Outfitters.
- Pumpkin Patches Open throughout Oct • Smith Rock Patch & Corn Maize · DD Ranch
Two of our favorites are the High Desert Museum and the Tower Theatre. These offer year-round programming for all ages and interests.
Remember, Tetherow offers a complimentary shuttle to downtown and the Old Mill District to lodging guests (based on availability). Call front desk at 541-213-2405 to book yours.
Be out & about in just minutes
Trails & wilderness near Tetherow
Tetherow is lucky to border the Deschutes National Forest which provides hundreds of miles of trails and over a million acres for outdoor adventures.
Nearby Central Oregon trails and areas are listed below. Please adhere to all rules, parking guidelines, signage, safety protocols and know your ability! Note that dogs may need to be leashed in certain areas.
Deschutes National Forest (borders Tetherow)
Tumalo Falls (10 mins away)
Deschutes River Trails (10 mins away)
Lava Lands (25 mins away)
Smith Rock (40 mins away)
Mckenzie Scenic Pass (40 mins away)
Crater Lake National Park (2 hrs away)
Crack in the Ground (2 hrs away)
Some areas are specifically geared toward foot traffic or bikes. Please visit each website to view trails, rules, fees, maps and allowed activities.