Traveling with your dog can be a wonderful experience for several reasons. Some people love traveling with their dogs because it allows them to bring a familiar and comforting companion with them on their adventures. Additionally, having a dog along can make it easier to meet new people and form connections with locals, as dogs are often seen as a common ground for social interaction. Furthermore, traveling with a dog can help create memories that will last a lifetime and strengthen the bond between pet and owner. Some people also find that traveling with their dog allows them to explore new places and experiences in a unique and meaningful way.
If you’re looking for dog-friendly or pet-friendly hotels and vacation rentals, Tetherow is your best choice!
What are good activities with my dog in Bend, Oregon and at Tetherow?
- Tetherow provides direct access to the Deschutes National Forest and its many miles of trails. Please be aware of leash laws, where applicable, and practice trail etiquette with other users.
- The Deschutes River is just 2 miles from the resort and offers multiple opportunities for canine fun. We recommend a dog lifejacket due to a fast-flowing current. Always be aware of rapids!
- Lakes in the Cascade Mountains provide clear, clean water for a warm afternoon.
- Bend Park & Recreation Dept provides 9 dog off-leash areas around Bend for hours of making new doggy friends.
- Tetherow’s paved trail is 3+ miles surrounding the resort and offers an easy stroll with gorgeous Cascade Mountain views.
- Please note that for the safety of golfers, guests, staff and your pet, dogs are not allowed on the actual golf course at any time.
How to prepare for traveling with your dog
Traveling with your dog can be an incredibly rewarding experience and can create some of the most cherished memories. Whether you’re hitting the open road or heading out on an outdoor adventure, it’s important to make sure your four-legged friends are just as prepared as you are. From packing the right supplies to finding pet-friendly accommodations, here are some tips for traveling with your dogs and being outdoors.
- Plan Ahead:
Before you leave, make sure your pup is up-to-date on all vaccinations. This will help prevent the spread of any infectious diseases and make sure your pet is healthy and happy during your trip. Be sure to let us know when you book your dog-friendly reservation at Tetherow so we can ensure a seamless experience for all.
- Pack the Essentials:
Make sure you have all the necessary supplies for your pup, such as food and water bowls, a leash, a familiar toy or blanket, and a first aid kit. Also consider bringing a collapsible kennel or bed so your pup has a comfortable place to rest. Tetherow’s dog-friendly lodging package includes a bed, water bowl and treats (items need to stay on site after your vacation).
- Be Aware of the Weather:
If you’re traveling to Bend, Oregon for the first time, be mindful of the weather and make sure your pup is comfortable in the new environment. For example, summer hikes might require booties to protect paws from hot trails and a travel water dish, while winter travel might require a bring a coat and booties to help keep your pup warm and protected from the cold.
- Be Prepared for Emergencies:
Even if you plan and prepare for the best, accidents and emergencies can still happen. Make sure you have a plan in place in case of an emergency and have your pup’s medical records handy. Additionally, you may want to look into pet insurance in case of an unexpected medical issue or injury.
Traveling with your pup can be a special and unique experience. Just remember to plan ahead, pack all the essentials, be aware of the weather, and be prepared for emergencies. With a bit of planning and preparation, you and your pup can have an enjoyable and safe journey.
Plan your Tetherow dog-friendly vacation today! Book online or call our friendly reservations team at 877-298-2582.